Consumer Federation of California
1107 9th Street, Suite 625
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 498-9608
Regulatory Affairs office:
433 Natomas Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94105
Fighting for Consumers' Rights
The Consumer Federation of California is a non-profit advocacy organization. Since 1960, we have been a powerful voice for consumer rights. We campaign for state and federal laws that place consumer protection ahead of corporate profit. Each year, we testify before the California legislature on dozens of bills that affect millions of our state's consumers. We also appear before state agencies in support of consumer regulations.
CFC legislative issues have included: protecting consumer financial privacy, reforming accounting industry practices, enabling patients to sue HMOs for denial of care, holding homebuilders accountable for construction defects, prohibiting manufacturers from keeping secret vital safety information about defective products, enacting cell phone users rights, and strengthening food safety laws.
Our Members Run the CFC
Every two years, CFC members choose delegates to a governing convention, which adopts policies and elects Officers and a Policy Board. Between conventions, the Policy Board, under the leadership of our President, governs the CFC. Day to day operation is under the direction of an Executive Director, appointed by the Policy Board.
CFC Education Foundation
We sponsor the Consumer Federation of California Education Foundation, a tax-exempt educational organization under Section 501(C)(3) of the IRS code. An autonomous Board of Directors governs the CFC Education Foundation.
James Gordon, Jr., President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Patricia Garcia, Vice President
Rosemary Shahan, Vice President
Malinda Markowitz, Vice President
Nancy Peverini, Treasurer
Lucinda Sikes, Secretary
- Richard Holober, Executive Director, (916) 498-9608 email@example.com
- Ignacio Hernandez, Legislative Advocate, Hernandez Strategy Group, (916) 447-9719 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Johnson, Regulatory Attorney, San Francisco office, (415) 597-5707 email@example.com
- Donald P. Hilla, Senior Attorney, San Francisco office, (415) 597-5700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Varvais, Assistant to the Executive Director, Sacramento, (916) 498-9608 email@example.com
- Matt Traverso, Legislative Analyst, Sacramento office, (916) 498-9623 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Harrison, Communications Director, Sacramento office, (916) 498-9616 email@example.com
Consumer Federation of California is a non-profit organization. Donations are not tax deductible. We do not have a return policy for donations to CFC.